National EFMI Member Society
About the Member Society
The name of the group is Fókus. It is a Special Interest Group of Health Informatics within the Icelandic Society of Information Processing (ISIP) with the duties and rights it encompasses, hereafter abbreviated HIG (for Health Informatics Group).
The objectives of the HIG are as follows:
- To emphasize the role of informatics in health care, especially regarding quality of service, patient safety and efficiency in health care services.
- To spread knowledge of and encourage the sensible use of informatics in health care.
- To increase cooperation and interdisciplinary understanding between different groups of professionals in health informatics.
- To create an interdisciplinary platform for professional discussion and cooperation between members of the group as well as members of the ISIP.
- To publicly represent professionals in health informatics.
- To emphasize and strengthen good moral conduct in the practice of health informatics.
- To strengthen and support research, education and development of informatics in health care.
- To establish cooperation with health informatics societies in other countries
- To further and support the use of the Icelandic language in health informatics.
All professionals, and other parties interested in health informatics may join the group. It is possible either to solely join the HIG or also to be a full member of the ISIP. Applications to join the HIG should be sent to the office of the ISIP.
For further information on the member society please visit their website using the link above.