National EFMI Member Society
About the Member Society
The Italian Scientific Society for BIoMedical Informatics – SIBIM was founded in 2016 to promote, sponsor and develop further studies, researches and debates concerning biomedical informatics.
SIBIM pursues its goals through:
- Promotion of knowledge and discussion pertaining biomedical informatics and its applications;
- Stimulation of contacts between industry, academia, and research;
- Promotion of young researchers’ activity in the field of Biomedical Informatics through the establishment of research grants and prizes;
- Organisation in Italy and abroad, in cooperation with other like-minded institutions when adequate, of meetings, congresses, and courses;
- Facilitation of the Italian participation to international initiatives in the field of Biomedical Informatics;
- Promotion of networking among national and international organisations with similar interests;
- DIscussion about high-level education on medical informatics (academic courses, PhD, masters, etc.).
SIBIM is a Member of the European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI).
The Membership categories are:
- Founding members – members that have participated in the organization and establishment of SIBIM
- Honorary Members (invited) – individuals that have brought great contributions to the field of biomedical informatics
- Institutional Members – Companies, institutions and other groups of people doing work, research or business in the field of Biomedical Informatics
- Regular (Individual) Members
The President of SIBIM and the Directing Council (5 to 10 members), are elected every three years by the membership, and each member cannot be re-elected more than twice.
2017 SIBIM main activities were:
Organization of the XXXVI National Bioengineering School – on E-Health – held in Bressanone on 18-22 september 2017, in cooperation with the University of Padua;