- Romaric Marcilly, Lille Academic Hospital, France
- Valentina Lichtner, Marie Curie Fellow, University of Leeds, UK,
- To establish a network of researchers and practitioners interested in the role of human and organisational factors in the use of healthcare technologies.
- To organise workshops, panels and tutorials dedicated to this topic at the Medical Informatics Europe (MIE) conference and other events.
- To disseminate knowledge about the role of human and organisational factors in the use of healthcare technologies through various activities, including journal publications.
- To support exchange and discussion between researchers and practitioners as well as European collaborations.
- Response to the World Health Organisation (WHO) ‘Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021–2030 Towards Zero Patient Harm in Health care’ consultation (HOFMI et al Response to WHO Consultation 27Sept20-1)
- Publication of the joint contribution with IMIA’s Human Factors Engineering working group (HOFMI contribution IMIA yearbook 2020)
- Endorsement and organization of the “Context Sensitive Health Informatics – CSHI” 2019, conference in Lille, France, on 23rd and 24th August 2019. More than 60 researchers working on human and organizational factors in health informatics got together to present and discuss their recent works in the field for two days. (open proceedings available: https://www.iospress.nl/book/context-sensitive-health-informatics-sustainability-in-dynamic-ecosystems/ )
- Contribution to panels at Medinfo 2019: “Combining Data and Technology for Healthcare Quality Improvement through Audit and Feedback”, “Using Health Information Technology to Transform Healthcare Quality”, “Electronic Health Record Safety: Practical Strategies for Evaluation and Improvement across Key Risk Areas”
- Hosting a workshop at ITCH 2019: “Increasing usage and safety of medication alerting system by improving their usability”
- The working group is supporting the organization of the next “Context Sensitive Health Informatics – CSHI” conference that conference will take place in August 2021, in conjunction with MedInfo 2021
- The working group will hold a (virtual) meeting at MIE 2021
- We will support the submission of panels, workshops at next MIE, STC, MEDINFO and CSHI conferences
- A newsletter about the publications of the working group’s members is under preparation
- A mailing list for the HOFMI working group has been created, to provide working group members with details of relevant conferences and workshops. To join, please sign up at: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=HOFMI-EFMI
- A LinkedIn group has also been created for the HOFMI working group, to help connect researchers and practitioners working in this area. The group can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8448126
If you want to become a member of the EHR Working Group, please contact with the Chair or the Co-Chair of the Working Group