Quality of Education in Biomedical and Health Informatics is of paramount importance in the healthcare systems in Europe. EFMI as a European federation of country members’ societies serves the scientific and healthcare community in BMHI by introducing the Accreditation and Certification service. This service is coordinated by the EFMI Accreditation and Certification Committee (EFMI AC2) appointed by the EFMI Executive Board.
The current members of the EFMI AC2 Committee are:
- John Mantas (as Chair), University of Athens
- Catherine Chronaki, HL7 Europe
- Arie Hasman, University of Amsterdam
- Inge Madsen, University of Aalborg
- Anne Moen, University of Oslo
- Kaija Saranto, University of Eastern Finland
- Lacramioara Stoicu-Tivadar, University Politehnica Timisoara
- Alfred Winter, University of Leipzig
A detailed description of the coordinating activities of the EFMI AC2 initiative regarding the Accreditation and Certification procedures can be found HERE.
In addition, the EFMI AC2 initiative has created a database of educational programmes in BMHI existing across Europe. Information on the database can be found HERE.