- Romaric Marcilly
- To establish a network of researchers and practitioners interested in the role of human and organisational factors in the use of healthcare technologies.
- To organise workshops, panels and tutorials dedicated to this topic at the Medical Informatics Europe (MIE) conference and other events.
- To disseminate knowledge about the role of human and organisational factors in the use of healthcare technologies through various activities, including journal publications.
- To support exchange and discussion between researchers and practitioners as well as European collaborations.
- A successful HOFMI working group meeting was held at MIE 2018 in Gothenburg. Plans were made for panel and workshop proposals for MedInfo 2019.
- Two workshops supported by the group took place at MIE 2018:
- Participatory Inspection-Based Evaluation Techniques: Engaging Clinicians in Usability Evaluations (Wednesday April 25th, 15.30 to 17.30)
- How to overcome barriers to user-based usability evaluations faced with older people? (Thursday April 26th, 10.30 to 12.00)
- The working group is supporting the “Context Sensitive Health Informatics – CSHI” conference that will be held in Lille, France, August 23th-24th, just before MedInfo 2019.
- A mentorship scheme is being set up to encourage and support those working in the area of human and organisational factors who have not previously had a paper at MedInfo to submit a paper for MedInfo 2019. If you would like to take part, either as a mentee or mentor, please email Rebecca.
- A mailing list for the HOFMI working group has been created, to provide working group members with details of relevant conferences and workshops. To join, please sign up at: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=HOFMI-EFMI
- A LinkedIn group has also been created for the HOFMI working group, to help connect researchers and practitioners working in this area. The group can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8448126
If you want to become a member of the EHR Working Group, please contact with the Chair of the Working Group