Speed up the use of ICT to increase trustworthiness, security and safety of health care solutions and infrastructure deployed. Promote research, development, education and training on the field of security and privacy in health care. Close collaboration with other EFMI WGs and beyond, as well as with IMIA, to find solutions for trustworthy interoperable health systems and to analyze the impact of new healthcare and health management models to security and privacy.
Relevant Activities 2020
- Work of SSE is mainly based on Workshops organized in MIE Conferences. However, due to the restrictions because of the covid pandemics, no specific Workshops have been organized this year.
- However, SSE has supported two conferences: EFMI’s STC and pHealth, both as virtual events.
- STC2020, 26-27 November 2020, Special Topic Conference organized by EFMI. The topic was “Integrated citizen centered digital health and social care – Citizens as data producers and service co-creators”. WG SSE was one of the supporting WGs. Jaime Delgado was member of the Scientific Program Committee and chaired a session on “Confidentiality, data integrity and data protection to guarantee trustworthy services”.
- pHealth 2020, 14-16 September 2020. Supported by WG SSE and other EFMI’s WGs. 17th Conference in a series of scientific events bringing together expertise from medical, technological, political, administrative, and social domains, and even from philosophy or linguistics. It opens a new chapter in the success story of the series of international conferences on wearable or implantable micro and nano technologies for personalized medicine. Scientifically chaired by Bernd Blobel.
Activities planned for 2021
- Develop a long-term activity plan for SSE, to be discussed during the next face-to-face MIE Conference.
- Prepare for Workshops including research papers, theory papers, methodology and conceptual papers, all mixed to provide the widest possible view on the chosen topic. Workshops should be as interdisciplinary as possible, including researchers from different institutions and research fields. Furthermore, reserve an important part of the workshop’s time for discussions and interaction.
- Develop the visibility of SSE’s work and encourage young experts to participate more actively in the work of the SSE. Promote the LinkedIn group of the WG (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8624068).
Relevant Publications 2020
- Ruotsalainen P, Blobel B. Health Information Systems in the Digital Health Ecosystem – Problems and Solutions for Ethics, Trust and Privacy. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17(9), 3006; doi:10.3390/ijerph17093006.
- Blobel B, Ruotsalainen P, Brochhausen M, Oemig F, and Uribe GA. Autonomous Systems and Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Transformation to 5P Medicine – Ethical Challenges. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2020; 270, 1089-1093.
- Ruotsalainen P, Blobel B. Privacy Is Dead – Solutions for Privacy-Enabled Collections and Use of Personal Health Information in Digital Era. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2020; 273, 63-74.
- Naro, D., Delgado, J. & Llorente, S. Reversible fingerprinting for genomic information. Multimed Tools Appl. 2020; 79, 8161–8180.
- Delgado, J.; Llorente, S. Security and privacy when applying FAIR principles to genomic information. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2020; 275, 37-41.
If you want to become a member of the EHR Working Group, please contact with the Chair of the Working Group or complete the following form.