- Inge Madsen – Chair
- Laura-Maria Peltonen – Secretary
- Patrick Weber – Vice-Chair
Inge Madsen is a nurse and holds a Master in Health Informatics since 1998 from the University of Aalborg, Denmark. She has been working with informatics for more than 30 years nationally and internationally and she is currently an associated professor at the VIA Faculty of Health Sciences, Aarhus, Denmark.
Correspondence to the board should be sent to the secretary (laura-maria.peltonen(at)utu.fi).
We are now on Facebook: Nursing Informatics in Europe (@efmi.ni)
- To support nurses and nursing organizations in the European countries with information and contacts in the field of informatics.
- To offer nurses opportunities to build contact networks within the informatics field. This could be accomplished by arranging sessions, workshops and tutorials in connection with the Medical Informatics European (MIE) conferences or by arranging separate meetings.
- To support the education of nurses with respect to informatics and computing.
- To support research and developmental work in the field and promote publishing of achieved results.
Relevant Activities 2018
- The name of the WG was changed into Nursing Informatics (EFMI NI)
- MIE 2018 proceedings are available here: http://ebooks.iospress.nl/ISBN/978-1-61499-852-5
- The WG organised a competition for best NI presentation at MIE 2018. Two presentations shared first place. These were: ”Older Adults Co-creating Meaningful Individualised Social Activities Online for Healthy Ageing” by Madeleine Blusi, Ingeborg Nilsson and Helena Lindgren, and ”Improving Patient Experience in a Children’s Hospital: New Digital Services for Children and their Families” by Nina Karisalmi, Johanna Kaipio and Pekka Lahdenne. Congratulations!
Relevant Activities 2017
- The WG is now found on Facebook: Nursing Informatics in Europe (@efmi.ni)
- Ni2016 Porst-Conference book is published.“Forecasting Informatics Competencies for Nurses in the Future of Connected Health”http://ebooks.iospress.nl/ISBN/978-1-61499-738-2.
Relevant Activities 2016
- Ni2016 was organized in Geneva June 25-29 2016. 708 participants could have access to 348 presentations. Preceedings are available Proceedings NI2016
- We had a working group meeting with the objective to revive common activities in healt and nursing informatics. Each country member has to appoint one nurses to represent their own county in the working group
- Next meeting will be during MIE Manchester in April 24 – 26 2017.
Update Laura-Maria Peltonen 2018/05/14
If you want to become a member of the EHR Working Group, please contact with the Chair of the Working Group