UMIT – Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (short: UMIT TIROL) is an internationally recognized private university owned by the state of Tyrol and the Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck with headquarters in Hall in Tyrol/Austria. With over 1,800 students, it is one of the largest private universities in Austria. To further develop the Department of Medical Informatics and Mechatronics, the private university occupies a
Professorship for eHealth and TeleHealth
in an employment level of 100% and a fixed-term employment relationship of five years. This university professorship will be filled after an abbreviated appointment procedure. An extension of the appointment to a permanent position is possible after these five years by an ordinary appointment procedure.
Research topics are information systems to support networked and integrated health care as well as mobile and patient-centered health technologies. The holder of the position also chairs the newly founded Division for eHealth and TeleHealth at the Institute of Medical Informatics (Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ammenwerth, http://iig.umit.at).
- Representation and advancement of the research topics in research and teaching,
- Methodologically sound, application-oriented and internationally visible research in one or more of the above-mentioned topics,
- Development and management of the division “eHealth and TeleHealth” at the Institute of Medical Informatics,
- Establishment and expansion of a cooperation network for the transfer of research results into practice,
- Participation in developing of the Master’s program in Medical Informatics (taught mostly in English),
- Participation in teaching (including the Master’s program in Medical Informatics, the university course in Health Information Management, doctoral programs; supervision of theses),
- Participation in the academic self-administration.
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification,
- Outstanding research achievements and international visibility, documented by relevant publications or scientific activities in industry,
- Experience in the acquisition and successful implementation of third-party funded or industrial projects in the above-mentioned research areas,
- Experience in building cooperation networks,
- Management skills and willingness to promote young academics,
- Didactic competencies for university teaching,
- Experience in university teaching and in the supervision of theses at all levels is desirable,
- Willingness to use innovative and online-supported teaching formats.
UMIT TIROL is committed to the promotion of women in science and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply. Moreover, UMIT TIROL believes in equal employment opportunities, diversity and non-discrimination. The application of people with disabilities is welcome.
The salary is based on the remuneration scheme of the public universities in Austria. An annual gross salary of EUR 84.840,- is planned for this position. An overpayment is possible depending on qualification and experience. Detailed information on the call for applications (appointment guidelines, criteria catalog, and a template for the brief outline) can be found at http://www.umit-tirol.at/berufung.
Interested applicants should send the usual documents (curriculum vitae, list of publications with full texts of the five most important publications, list of courses held and teaching evaluations, list of research grants) and a brief outline (using the template) to the Rector Prof. Dr. habil. Sandra Ückert, E: email@example.com; Keyword: eHealth and TeleHealth.
For any questions on this position, you are invited to contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Elske Ammenwerth, firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMIT – Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Eduard Wallnöfer-Zentrum I, A-6060 Hall in Tirol, Austria, T +43-50-8648-3000; http://www.umit-tirol.at
You must be logged in to post a comment.