What are the EU-China Health Summit?
Following the successful cooperation of CMIA and EFMI on the 1stEU-China Health Summit on 25th of August 2019 in Lyon, France with MedInfo2019 (https://efmi.org/eu-china-health-summit/) and the 2nd EU-China Health Summit on Medical Innovation and Technology Transfer hosted by CPDE, CMIA, CTA, and CHIMS in China on October 21-25, 2020 as an online conference, we are delighted to announce the 3rd Europe China Health IT summit for August 23-27, 2022. The summit will cover topics in Medical Imaging, Health Informatics, Medical Innovation and technology knowledge transfer, and artificial intelligence, with the aim to advance cooperation and promote the exchange of medical knowledge under the theme of AI as a driver for Innovation: Healthcare before and healthcare. This is to indicate the raising importance of health data, prevention, and public health. The conference will be hybrid and will be hosted in the Czech Technical University in Prague.
What is EFMI?
The European Federation for Medical Informatics Association (EFMI), www.efmi.org, is the leading organization in medical informatics in Europe, founded in 1976, and representing 30 countries through their respective national health informatics associations. EFMI is a not-for-profit organization concerned with the theory and practice of Information Science and Technology within Healthcare and Health Sciences in a European context.
The objectives of EFMI are: To advance international co-operation and dissemination of information in biomedical and health informatics on a European basis, To promote high standards in the application of biomedical and health informatics, To promote research and development in biomedical and health informatics, To encourage high standards in education in biomedical and health informatics, To function as the autonomous European Regional Council of IMIA (International Medical Informatics Association).
Call for abstracts for PhD/MSc forum
The PhD/MSc Forum will be structured as a series of presentations by the students, followed by a discussion with experts from EU and China in the field to obtain individual feedback and advice. The forum is a great opportunity for PhD/MSc students who have completed their PhD/MSc thesis within the last 12 months or who are close to complete their thesis (having already scientifically validated results as a part of their PhD/MSc thesis work) to present their work to a broad audience in the biomedical and health informatics community. The selected and accepted forum contributions will be published in the special issue of a MEDLINE indexed journal.
The Summit invites contributions in the form of extended abstracts up to 5 pages to: https://access.online-registry.net/mimtt2022/ using the templates available at: https://www.iospress.com/book-article-instructions; select PhD/MSc forum with one or more of the following MI3 topics by May 31, 2022:
- Medical Imaging physics and processing
- Findable Accessible Interoperable Reusable (FAIR) Health Data Sets
- Health technology standards and interoperability
- Robotics of health and social care
- Citizen engagement with digital health technology
- Mobile health assessment and contact tracing apps
- Digital health for nursing and rehabilitation
- Health technology in Living environments and the Internet of Things
- Medical Innovation, Intellectual Property, and Patent Management
- Digital health technology for emergency care
- AI in Health and Wellness Technology
- AI in the hospital of the future
- Privacy, ethics, and Cyber-security in the AI age.
The following two classes of students are eligible:
- Students who have finished their PhD thesis within the last 12 months and
- Students who have already made scientifically validated results as a part of their PhD/MSc thesis work
Submissions need to contain:
- Full contact address with affiliation, phone, e-mail
- Up to 5-page extended abstract describing the novelties and advantages of the thesis work (PDF; word template available at: https://www.iospress.com/book-article-instructions)
- A short video (up to 3-minutes) demonstrating a scientifically validated result (optional)
- Submission deadline: Thursday, 16th June 2022
- Notification of acceptance: Thursday, 30th June 2022