National EFMI Member Society
About the Member Society
The Slovenian Medical Informatics Association – SIMIA is a professional, non-governmental organization aimed to promote activities in the development of medical informatics in Slovenia as well as further in the countries of EU and to represent these activities in the country and abroad. SIMIA was founded already in 1986 and has now almost 100 members mostly professionals working in the field of medical informatics. The activities of SIMIA concern stimulation and co-ordination of the activities of its members in promoting medical informatics in the country and to support international co-operation in this field, which implies:
- organization of scientific and professional conferences, symposia, courses and exhibitions and collaboration in such activities with related organizations;
- publication of scientific, professional and educational documents and papers in the field of medical informatics
- dissemination of information about conferences, publications and links to websites web sites on medical and health informatics
- promotion of scientific and professional contacts with similar societies at the international level;
- active involvement to support scientists to attend international meetings;
- publishing of scientific magazine Informatica Medica Slovenica (IMS).
SIMIA was represented as a member in IMIA since 1993 having now representatives in several active working groups of IMIA and EFMI. The year before SIMIA joined EFMI with its members also active in their working groups. SIMIA is an institutional member of “Prorec Slovenia (PROREC.SI)”, a national foundation promoting implementation of EHCR in Slovenia. SIMIA members serve in several professional and scientific committees and also in various expert groups of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Science.
At a national level SIMIA keeps the tradition of yearly conferences often with international participation. Every second year (the even years) there is a Medical Informatics (MI) Congress, with invited speakers coming from various IMIA members associations. The Conferences cover special topics such as: EPR (EHCR), Data Security, E-Health, Legal Issues and Healthcare Legislation and Healthcare Politics.
The web site address: http://www.sdmi.si/ (Slovenian and partly English)
For further information on the member society please visit their website using the link above.