National EFMI Member Society
Turkish Medical Informatics Association (TurkMIA)
About the Member Society
TurkMIA was founded in 1999 in Ankara. It is a civil organization open to all Turkish citizens, people who has work permit in Turkey, companies and organizations which has interest on health informatics. It has 320 members.
Aims of TurkMIA include:
- to collect, process and distribute information about the activities related to health and medical informatics of companies, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- to stimulate all the professionals related to health and medical informatics to reach the contemporary level of knowledge and skills, prepare the background for communication and interaction between the professionals in the field, promote multidisciplinary study.
- to determine the problems related to health and medical informatics domain in Turkey, suggest solutions to these problems, collaborate with other organizations to realize the projects, announce the results of the projects or applications.
- to enhance the knowledge of health care providers and demanders about health and medical informatics, organize meetings and publish materials to shape public opinion.
- to inform, sensitize and stimulate the decision making and administrating people and organizations about the issues related to medical informatics.
Activities of TurkMIA:
- TurkMIA started SBS 2000 (Health Information Strategies of Turkey in the New Millenium) project in June 2000. Final reports were collected in a book, which is printed in 2001. This book have been the core document which guides the studies in health informatics area in Turkey.TurkMIA organizes regular meetings, panels and presentations to disseminate health informatics concepts, create awareness.
For further information on the member society please visit their website using the link above.